Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cooking Contest!

It's cooking contest time, and that means another blog entry!

Today's post is white bean dip, also known as "something that didn't look too hard and didn't need to be heated up and also I could get the ingredients at Wegmans tonight".

As with any post, first I must recognize my kitchen helpers, Bianca and Buddy. Without their contributions, I probably wouldn't have tripped and spilled the first batch on the otherwise spotless kitchen floor.

Buddy finds a helpful out of the way place to lie.


Bianca is also nearby in case of emergency.


Not available - guest kitchen assistant Paul the husband and Duncan the 200+ pound Mastiff.


Hmm, have I padded this entry enough yet? Probably not. Here, just in case anyone thinks I'm joking about my sickly and broken animals and how much money they cost, is a picture of their daily medication.


Cosequin - $40...Tramadol - $57...Insulin - $135...Antibiotics - $25...Rimadyl -$55...Diabetic cat food - $1.25/can...knowledge that I will never retire - priceless.

Ok, ok, time to get to it. Time to assemble the ingredients!

Wouldja look at all that? Clearly the person who went to such care to purchase so many items deserves to win!

Yes, indeed. You can't look at that cornucopia of healthful ingredients without thinking, "There's at least three." And that's the kind of praise I'm shooting for.

I realize that the sheer chaos of the earlier picture makes it hard for you, the viewer, to recognize the many, many (did I mention many?) ingredients. For this reason, I will call them out.

Fresh rosemary leaves!

The recipe called for 1/2 a tablespoon, but the only measuring spoon I have is a tablespoon, so I filled it up what I considered to be "kinda a generous half way". It's skill like this that makes me a great chef-ess.


Garlic!

First, like I'm mincing garlic for you people. Please. The recipe called for a clove, but I forgot how much minced garlic that was, so since this jar was almost empty, I made the executive decision that however much garlic I had, that was a clove.


The juice of half a lemon!

That's right - I did not wimp out and buy lemon juice, and then make a random guess about how much juice would be "half a lemon". I purchased an actual lemon and cut it in half. That's the kind of excellence that says "winner", people.


Beans!

Bean can opening action shot. Yeah, baby!


Beans in a can!

Have you recovered from the can opening action shot yet? Were you ready for the results?


Rinsing beans!

Wall to wall bean rinsing action. Not for the faint of heart.


Throw all the crap in a blender/processor!

Ok...let's face it. It doesn't really look all that appetizing. But I'm stuck with it, so I'm going to pretend I think it is awesome.


Ready to blend!

Seriously? A picture of the food processor? How shamelessly am I going to pad this, exactly?


Blendage!

You're all a little nervous now, aren't you? You were all, 'oh, silly Beth and her dumb blog, she can't cook' and now you see the awesome results and are like, 'oh no, I totally misjudged her awesomeness, now I shall be shamed before all my friends!'. Yes, I choose to believe this is exactly what you think.


Storage!

Amazing bean dip is stored overnight for enhancement of the flavor-fullness. Tomorrow, the assemblage with pitas and olives.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment